Flowserve Corporation Design Drafter in Bengaluru, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The position requires technical writing experience with editorial background, preparing service
manuals/ operating instruction manuals, to have exposure in advanced office forms (Content
management system application – CMS). Well worse in Adobe illustrator and Photoshop (Adobe
· Create GAD, drawings of Pump/Valves/Seals assemblies /sectional layouts and manufacturing (Casting, Fabrication/ Weldment and Machining) drawings by following established engineering standards and procedures for product design to produce consistent and reliable results.
· Performs work that is varied and complex, under supervision.
· Understand the basic functions of documentation control, document preservation and computer filing
· Team player, Creative thinker, who is highly self-motivated
· Strong Technical writing skills
· High quality on deliverables
· Highly committed and quick learner
· Timely responsiveness to internal and external customers
· Listen attentively and understand job information clearly
· Evaluate work, sets priorities and quickly focuses on most critical needs
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Communicate professionally and with accepted business etiquette, work well with people in
other departments and with customers.
· Experienced user of computer programs like Windows, Microsoft Office (including Word,
Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 2 years or Diploma in Mechanical
Engineering with 3 to 4 years of technical writing experience in Pump or related
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/technical
· Ability to understand the mechanical product/system assembling and dismantling
procedures and maintain procedures by considering ease maintained and user s a f e t y
· Hands on experience in pump assembly, repair and servicing is an added a d v a n t a g e .
· Ready to travel for 3 – 6 months to Germany for business reasons
Expected application skills
· Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop (Adobe Creative Cloud)
· Content management system (CMS)
· Basic German language is an added advantage
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Design Drafter
Primary Posting Location: Bengaluru, India
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 46847BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.