Flowserve Corporation Sales Support Assistant in Benicia, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a sharp, motivated Sales Support Representative to respond to our customers’ inquiries regarding parts, pricing, repair jobs, and service needs for our mechanical seals and supporting equipment used in industrial settings including refineries, chemical plants, and power companies. This successful candidate will be able to work effectively with our extensive parts catalog, drawings, and many other reference materials to quickly and accurately support our customers. The position will work closely with Sales Engineers and Application Engineers to satisfy our customer’s needs. Duties include:
• Respond to phone, fax, and email inquiries about pricing, discounts, parts availability, order status, etc., with a solid understanding of commercial terms, the terms of existing contracts, and the process required to set up new accounts.
• Process orders, quotations, change orders, shipping modes, etc. accurately and quickly. Demonstrated ability to expedite orders.
• Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy the customer's requests within the guidelines of published procedures.
• Help provide alternative options for supplying unavailable products and services.
• Discuss and negotiate terms with customers, including lead-times in accordance with operational capacity, delivery terms, and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the customer and the Company so as to establish win-win agreements and relationships. Review contracts.
• Resolve Accounts Receivable issues, with the ability to assert specific terms and apply credits and discounts as required.
• Communicate and collaborate daily with all stakeholders, including customer, distributors, inventory and Flowserve sales, regarding order status, delivery status, and issues.
• Maintain current, accurate, organized records.
• Demonstrate proficiency with Company products, procedures, and operating systems. Work as needed with sales and engineering information systems. Obtain basic parts information from CAD drawings.
• Understand and comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX, Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions, ISO, FCPA, etc.)
· One year of customer service in manufacturing or repair required, with more experience high valued
· Inventory experience is a plus
· High School Diploma required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Must project a strong customer focus, able to deal diplomatically with customers and project a positive corporate image.
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines with little supervision
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to properly identify customer requirements and accurately enter information for operational excellence.
· Resourceful and motivated to make contacts in other Flowserve organizations to get information and resolve issues
· Pleasant, clear, and articulate speaking skills on the phone and in person.
· Exhibit excellent writing skills with clarity, appropriate tone, good organization and mechanics.
· Basic math understanding and skills.
· Dependable, reliable attendance
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Sales Support Assistant
Primary Posting Location: Benicia, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 46495BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.