Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer (Sinclair, WY) in Broomfield, Colorado
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
* THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SINCLAIR, WY * Must be local to Sinclair/Rawlins, WY or willing to relocate.
Flowserve is looking for a hands-on mechanical engineer who will work at our customer’s refinery in Sinclair, Wyoming. The engineer provides immediate technical expertise regarding design, application, installation and operation of our mechanical pumps, seals and supporting equipment. In this challenging position, the engineer is actively engaged in real-time troubleshooting of problems and implementing solutions. The engineer focuses on improving operating reliability and decreasing costs by ensuring that our engineering and manufacturing resources, products, and services are available to our customers.
· Monitor and evaluate the status of the customer's rotating equipment
· Troubleshoot technical problems and provide immediate recommendations for our customers
· Leverage and coordinate the timely insertion of Company resources for more complex solutions
· Know the customer’s needs. Act as liaison between customers, and Flowserve’s sales, customer service, and manufacturing organizations so that together we provide the highest level of customer service
· Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical analyses resulting in independent evaluation, such as detailed failure analysis reports, product performance reports, recommendations for upgrades, repair/buy decisions, etc.
· Track, report, and present key performance indicators to Sinclair management quarterly
· Assist customers to select the most appropriate pumps, seals, and systems for their specific industrial applications
· Provide technical guidance about successful, standardized installation and operation of our products. Conduct technical training for our customers
· Responsible for maintaining a parts inventory on site, updating inventory records, and keeping inventory right-sized
· Lead preplanned and impromptu trainings for operators, maintenance, and engineers in the classroom and the field: emphasis on pumps, seals, and seal systems
· Maintain equipment data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, and organized files
- Must be local to Sinclair/Rawlins, WY or willing to relocate.
· BS Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical degree, required
· Over 3 years of experience, preferably in the oil refinery industry
· Solid knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment (pumps, seals, and valves), with a solid understanding of fluid dynamics, and a demonstrated mechanical aptitude
· Strong customer focus and the ability to project a positive corporate image
· A win-win team player, able to work with constructively with customers and co-workers
· Able to work independently, demonstrating initiative and good judgment
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Skilled in CAD, and able to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
· Must wear personal protective equipment as required at customer sites
· Some physical activity is required, including frequent lifting up to 25 pounds, ascending/descending ladders and staircases, and climbing and reaching in, under, and around large equipment.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-Site Applications Engineer (Sinclair, WY)
Primary Posting Location:
Broomfield, Colorado US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: