Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer Montana in Broomfield, Colorado
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a hands-on, experienced Sales Engineer to sell mechanical seals to existing and new customers in the oil, chemical, mining and power industries in Montana and adjacent states. Flowserve’s reputation as a global leader for design, quality, and service will support the Sales Engineer to demonstrate a value proposition and establish long-term business relationships. The Sales Engineer will create a lasting competitive advantage for Flowserve by understanding our products and their applications in our customers’ operations. The Sales Engineer will be forward thinking by identifying opportunities, developing marketing plans, and achieving increased sales over time. This position is home-based ideally in Billings, with travel in MT, Western ND, and Wyoming. The position has a salary base with sales incentives. A company car is included in a comprehensive benefits package.
Serve customers as Flowserve’s primary contact for sales-related issues and support Flowserve Distribution Channels. Ensure all customer concerns are being addressed, including proposals, deliveries, repairs, quality, warranty claims, etc.
· Develop successful account strategies and objectives to meet monthly booking objectives, and to grow the business in the assigned territory.
· Accurately and consistently use Flowserve computing systems to obtain quotes, book orders, facilitate repairs, forecast business, etc.
· Participate and support our regional Lifecycle Advantage® activities, so as to add value to customers who are participating in this full-service reliability program.
· Be knowledgeable about Flowserve products and services and able to articulate value- based selling to position Flowserve as a long-term business partner.
· Collaborate with supporting organizations within Flowserve to resolve problems promptly and get satisfactory results for customers.
· Effectively utilize supporting sales teams, including Compressor Seal, Industrial Products, Decoking, Field Parts Specialists, and Area Distributor Managers.
· Communicate with management regarding customer base, competitor information, and market conditions by submitting weekly reports and entering data into Flowserve computing systems.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or related technical degree, required; however experience maybe considered in lieu of degree
· Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of mechanical seals, and rotating equipment, including pumps and mixers, required.
· Experience in the power, oil, and chemical industries strongly desired.
· Demonstrated successful track record of self-initiated, sustained sales skills highly preferred
· Must project a strong customer focus and professional demeanor
· Flexible multi-tasker with good follow-through and the ability to meet urgent deadlines
· Must communicate with positive impact.
· Skilled at group presentations.
· Have effective writing skills
· Experienced solving problems in a group setting, able to lead a root cause failure analysis and communicate the results
· Ability to work independently as a self-starter while leveraging contacts in the Flowserve organization
· Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
· Significant solo local travel and overnight travel required
· Active driver’s license with good driving record required
Physical activity required, such as walking large customer sites, lifting 25 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Sales Engineer Montana
Primary Posting Location: Broomfield, Colorado US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 40%
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Remote Worker: Yes
Auto req ID: 46353BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.