Flowserve Corporation SAP Project Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
A successful candidate in this position will lead team(s) of employees and consultants to implement SAP S4/HANA ERP solutions at various Flowserve plants and locations globally. The scope of SAP solutions includes complete end-to-end implementations, point CIP solutions, technical upgrades and various module implementations. The candidate needs to have excellent communications skills and a strong desire to deliver results while managing multiple projects simultaneously. This is a hands-on project manager position and requires the incumbent to participate in and lead all phases of project i.e. design, development, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
In this role you report to the IT Director – ERP Practice.
• 10 years’ experience as an Information Systems Manager, IT Project Manager, Application Developer, Systems Analyst, or in a related occupation.
• 7 years of SAP ERP implementation experience of which 3 years should be in an manufacturing environment
• 3 full life cycle implementation experience from requirements to production support
• 3 years’ experience as a hands-on ERP Project Manager
• Experience in SAP’s project methodology
• Must be adept at communicating with non-technical shop floor business personnel.
• 4-year degree in Information Systems, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage matrix teams Must be able to proactively resolve issues and technical problems
• Must be Organized and have excellent communications skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
• Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
• Has the ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment
• Fluent in the English language both verbally and in writing
• Expert in Change Request Management, ideally SAP Solution Manager (CHARM Process).
• Proven knowledge and project experience in Release change / Upgrades / Enhancement Packages / SAP Notes.
• Manage, deliver and support ERP implementations that identify, design, implement creative business solutions and technology solutions for Flowserve.
• Manage implementation risk, manage project economics including planning and budgeting, define deliverable content, ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the business as well as IT governance and be accountable for execution
• Manage the day to day interactions with business management and sponsorship
• Manage and provide leadership to a team of multiple employees and consultants
• Coach, mentor, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Ensure end to end project governance and drive standardization in the processes to support, control and manage SAP in Flowserve as well as in the implementation methods that are used to roll out ERP.
Preferred qualifications :
• Experience working as a business user
• Experience working in or supporting multiple ERPs
• Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
• Previous management experience with proven record of leading or directing a team of IT resources. Experience in managing offshore teams is a preferred.
In addition, the excellent candidate will possess :
• Demonstrated ability to create strong working relationships with others
• Experience managing diverse team(s)
• Strong change management experience
• Ability to lead and work on several concurrent projects
Candidates will be required to travel as per business needs; travel is generally expected to be around 75% but can be more if the business situation demands.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
SAP Project Manager
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.