Flowserve Corporation Senior DtV Engineer - Component Desing Team in Budapest, Hungary
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
A key aspect of the transformation to Flowserve 2.0 is ensuring that we have competitive product offerings that present maximum value to the marketplace. Because our product families are based on legacy designs, they do not always effectively leverage the latest design or manufacturing technology, low cost sourcing strategies or our current manufacturing footprint. To address this opportunity, we will be deploying a robust Design to Value (DtV) process to match our product designs to the needs of the marketplace while also reducing product costs. The product families to which the DtV process is applied will be determined based on Marketing priorities and the process itself will be built on strong collaborative efforts between Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. The DTV team plays a key role in the execution of the DtV process inside Flowserve.
• Plan, direct and coordinate product engineering activities in accordance with internal or customer requirements, company`s objectives and policies.
• Review and evaluate design specifications and supplier quotations related related to mechanical and hydraulic design of pumps, valve or seals.
• Advise on technical requirements and changes in design in order to provide improved costing baseline.
• Analyse product life cycles with the Product Manager and Project Manager and contribute to the reduction of cost of quality.
• Perform design activities to obtain cost effectiveness between quality, design and manufacturing in accordance with engineering design standards.
• Prepare and attend definition meetings.
• Support to the Customer Service Order Fulfillment, Manufacturing and Supply Chain department on technical support.
• Support of the engineering standards team with the ownership of Flowserve’s internal technical standards of the product lines, including the coordination of the standards updates and analyse technical data
• Support the design authority sites in the review and evaluation of design changes or deviations from standard design in the order acquisition phase for product lines
• Implement contract variations after review and acceptance.
• Ensure the on time issue of basic design details for product design and product testing.
• Submittal of high quality contractual documentation within the planning in order to meet company goals for on time delivery, quality, cash flow, cost reduction and engineering efficiency.
• Provide management with accurate and informative reports and evaluate the results of project assignments along with appropriate recommended course of action.
• Conduct or participate in Root Cause Analysis in order to define corrective and preventive actions.
• Participate in improvement project activities such as Green Belt, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to improve the operational performance in accordance with customer specifications, company objectives/ policies, national and international standards and procedures.
• Define areas for standardization.
• Share information, knowledge and experience with other business units within Flowserve.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
The function requires a minimum of 5-10 years working experience in engineering of rotating equipment and within a customer oriented working environment.
Knowledge of the petrochemical industry in general is required.
Broad knowledge of engineering is essential.
Fluency in English is must.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Extended knowledge of Microsoft office programs, AutoCAD and ERP systems.
Experience with Root Cause Analysis is required.
Knowledge of casting design and foundry techniques, and Basic understanding of Value Engineering are also advantage.
Personal skills required:
Carry out a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to the work and the overall work environment.
Reliable in fulfilling obligations and consistently meets deadlines.
Encourages others to be accountable for commitments in their areas of responsibility.
Able to communicate at all levels in the organization.
Ability to motivate people and to continuously improve the safety culture and awareness.
Self-motivation and drive to meet schedules.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 40%
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior DtV Engineer - Component Desing Team
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 20%
Primary Posting Location: Budapest, Hungary
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 47692BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.