Flowserve Corporation Senior Internal Auditor in Budapest, Hungary
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your
enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in
comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational
commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are
inspired by working together to create the extraordinary to make the world
better for everyone.
Your future job
As a senior auditor, you assist the senior leadership team with project management and the execution of the companywide audit plan. Furthermore, you assist with developing the annual risk assessment and support our efforts with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). You ensure effectiveness of internal controls in compliance with our corporate objectives and government regulatory standards. You enable the audit leadership to provide guidance to the platform and corporate finance leaders. On a day-to-day basis, you will review, evaluate, develop, implement, maintain and verify internal financial and operational controls for processes, systems, statements, journals and reports. You are the one that identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems and initiate the appropriate remedial action.
Did we already mention that this role offers you frequent opportunities for travelling around the world? Sounds pretty good, right?
In addition, you:
• Perform complex, valuable professional internal auditing work;
• Lead and support the planning and execution of operational, compliance and financial audits;
• Provide consulting services to our management and staff, and key input to for the annual audit plan;
• Train, coach and supervise the internal auditors, control analysts in conducting audits, the usage of tools and other audit-related issues;
• Lead or assist the team of controls analysts in the design and effectiveness testing of our key internal controls;
• Assist with the development of a risk-based audit approach that focuses on significant business risk exposures and improvement opportunities;
• Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer questionnaires, compose summary memos and prepare detailed working papers;
• Identify, develop and document audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal controls;
• Assist corporate and site personnel with the ongoing design, maintenance and assessment of controls, including the creation and maintenance of process walkthroughs and documentation.
What is in it for you
Working in an amazing team in Hungary, as part of a driven EMEA team. You will take care of the audits of EMEA sites and will have lots of travel opportunities as a result. Furthermore, you will have:
• The possibility to work in a diverse, multinational environment and get in touch with different cultures all over the world;
• A steady career path with lots of career opportunities;
• Working with the latest SAP/S4 HANA systems;
• Lots of travel opportunities internationally;
• A competitive base salary and interesting benefit package.
You are our ideal colleague if you…
• Hold an accounting or finance degree, an MBA is an advantage;
• Have approximately three to five years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analytics;
• Are available to travel 20 % of your time internationally. Take into account that a valid passport and visas may be required for this;
• Have advanced skills using Excel, databases and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and other analyses;
• Have knowledge of or at least familiarity with fraud, forensics and other detection techniques and concepts;
• Are CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or CFE certified (highly preferred);
• Have experience in industry auditing and accounting: manufacturing and inventory experience is a plus;
• Are experienced in negotiating issues and audit observations as well as in resolving problems with client personnel;
• Have advanced knowledge of quality control reviews and audit work products, and applying internal A&A principles and practices;
• Have considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice or Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors. Furthermore, you are aware of the requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting as set forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002;
• Ideally, have skills and experience in the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT’s), such as Tableau, Power BI, IDEA and ACL;
• Speak foreign languages – this is what we consider a significant plus – like Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese. It is not a must-have.
You as a person…
• Are successful in a strongly independent job with only general supervision;
• Naturally built positive relationships with the internal and external partners you work with;
• Have the ability to motivate and lead staff to the successful execution of an audit project;
• Are able to manage multiple tasks and re-prioritize issues and tasks easily;
• Are an excellent communicator, both oral as written, and show active listening and presenting skills;
• Have excellent people skills and are flexible to adapt in fast changing situations;
• Have considerable skills in planning, PM and maintaining composure under pressure when meeting deadlines;
• Are very good in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
Curious to learn more, or already decided that you are interested in joining our team in Budapest? Click ‘apply now’ and you will hear back from us as soon as possible.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 20%
Primary Posting Location: Budapest, Hungary
Job Posting Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 46371BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.