Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Chennai, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in
supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil,
gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more
than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence
· Performing tasks associated with complicated layoutassembly design for special/ non-standard auxiliary products, generating BOM,shop floor fabrication drawing, PMI & ASME drawings.
· Mapping of functional design requirements; thermal& mechanical auxiliary system design requirements with respect to application.
· Proper sizing and selection of hard wares, fieldinstruments, Thermal aids etc., applied in auxiliary systems of mechanical seals.
· Perform general design calculations in-line withestablished international standards like pressure vessel design (ASME/ DOSH etc)
· Preparation of customized operating manual for non-standardauxiliary products and conversant with all types of engineering documents.
· Knowledge on nozzle load and Structural Analysis
· Demonstrate proficiency in specification review,capture, interpret and priorities the requirements
· Knowledge on piping, pressure vessels, Heat exchangerspreferred.
· Proficiency in 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D modelling (Inventor).
· Develop assigned associates on the mainstream functionsby sharing product knowledge and improving the understanding of the businessrequirements.
· Facilitate relationship between order execution teamand all other departments required to effectively develop and deliver projectproposal drawings. Interface with customers and sales force as required tocomplete design work accurately and on-time.
· Perform checking of own design work for compliancewith design and drafting standards and fulfillment of engineering job orderrequirements.
· Effectively utilize (reporting/interpreting/analyzing)establish business system features in
· day-to-day business.
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge on Product specificinternational standards and allied engineering standards.
· Consolidate project requirement and create designguideline document for engineering.
· Perform task associated with new design opportunitiesto enhance assigned product and reduce cost and /or lead time to plan.
· Evaluating estimation hours’ / activity durationestimation / critical path determination to align with BU expectations
· Finding missing info. and liaising and mobilize missinginfo from Job Originator
· Checking the correctness of the designs originatedby associates to ensure error free issue to downstream functions.
· Maintains certified designer status.
· Learn consistently and share the best practices andknowledge to the team members.
· Identify and implement process improvement initiatives/projects.
Achieve and maintain high level of internal and external
Desire for a challenging work environment.
Good Interpersonal and Communication (Both Verbal
and written) Skills.
Good Team Player.
Adapt quickly to changing business and customer need
Engineering Diploma in Mechanical/Production discipline or
Equivalent (Minimum 3 year course) with 5+ years of experience in engineering
industries OR Engineering Graduate with 1-3 years of experience in engineering
industries preferably with Seal industry experience.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: