Flowserve Corporation Project Engineer in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Project Engineering prepares schedules, aligns resources, and performs technical activities related to engineering projects. The position will be an integral member of the Order Fulfillment team. Employees in these roles may be responsible for managing vendors, and tracking project schedules to ensure projects are completed according to plans. While there are multiple business card titles, Project Engineering roles typically involve organizing team resources to ensure coordination and overall quality control of the work.
• Develop detailed production Drawings and Manufacturing instructions as required for customer components and \"engineered-to-order\" products, as assigned.
• Support production by providing tactical guidance on specification deviations,and be a primary participant in Material Review Board activities when required.
• Be the technical lead a series of product lines; ensure continuous improvement and enhancements to maintain profitability.
• Provide primary customer interface/support to other internal functions; provide technical guidance to clarify project requirements.
• Prepare project plans in accordance with customer/contracts requirements; coordinate Project Engineer resources; and direct activities in multiple projects.
• Provide technical oversight of test lab technicians for assigned product lines
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Prior experience with rotating equipment is required
• A self-starter attitude that takes the initiative and see tasks to completion.
• Position will include knowledge of mechanical design including fluid flow, mechanics of material, drawing and machining practices, AUTOCAD and Inventor skills, and MS Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem solving & customer service skills, ability to work precisely and pay close attention to details, advance organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, whether in an office or shop environment, co-worker, vendor or customer.
• A risk assignment mentality to evaluate fast-paced organization decisions.
• Analytical capability to evaluate machinery form, fit, and function; strength and thermal loadings; bolting and gasket requirements; and test data and instrumentation outputs.
• Motor, seal system and process plant knowledge is a plus.
• 5 years prior experience as a Rotating Equipment Engineer in Oil & Gas, Chemical industry, Manufacturing, or Pump industry
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: