Flowserve Corporation Aftermarket Applications Engineer in Coslada, Spain
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
As an AM Commercial Operations, chosen candidate will be responsible for the support of our end-user sales teams as related to our aftermarket business and corresponding Business Units/Service Centers/QRCs. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders.
Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with mechanical aptitude
BSME degree or equivalent plus 3 years of relevant experience in an Applications Engineers’ role specifically in the Mechanical Rotating Equipment Industry (either Original Equipment or Aftermarket)
Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Excellent organizational skills
Demonstrate a working style which is team oriented and values communication, participation and involvement of others
Have a clear understanding of life cycle cost principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost approach
Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools
· Review all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant technical and commercial requirements
· Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components and quotations as related to AM Unit requests, including effectively negotiating terms and pricing.
· Timely preparation of high quality and on time proposals within limitations dictated by the customer or manager using appropriate sales management tools and processes
· Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining corresponding quote activity log
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with the Sales, Operations, Engineering, Legal and other supporting functions to promote the best interests of Flowserve Corporation
· Lead all coordination efforts on AM Unit quotes including interfacing with engineering, technical services and production planning
· Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Aftermarket Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Primary Posting Location: Coslada, Spain
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 46916BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.