Flowserve Corporation Manager, Quality Assurance in Coslada, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Monitors performance using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business and making it extensive to vendors and collaborators.
· Drives CIP both internally and externally. Acts as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
· Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
· Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
· Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
· Devises and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications, monitoring all operations that affect quality and making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
· Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and proposing improvement actions.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
· Assesses customer requirements and ensuring that these are met including but not limited to specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers and ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
· Makes sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors, Supervising and guiding inspectors, technicians and other staff
· Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
An MSC or equivalent degree in subjects such as, materials science/technology, polymer science/technology, process engineering, mechanical engineering, production engineering,…
A postgraduate qualification is a plus .
Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role with at least 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing companies Engineering companies Automotive companies
Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards and ISO quality standards implementation. Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000, 14001, 29001,…)
Nuclear standards and QA requirements ( UNE 73401, 10FR50app b,….
Welding background and experience (ASME IX). Welding procedures certification as per ISO 3834-2
Reporting into the General Manager (dottled line to QA/QC/CIP platform leader), the role is concerned with monitoring and advising on the performance of the quality management system, producing data and reporting on performance, measuring against set standards and developing and implementing improvement.
You will need to liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, you'll advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Manager, Quality Assurance
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: