Flowserve Corporation GL Accountant in Debrecen, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Work in a team to transition general ledger responsibilities from US or EU sites into the Shared Service Center in Debrecen.
• Manage accounting, month end closing processes and account reconciliations under US-GAAP.
• Work with the team and site controllers to ensure accurate and controlled financial statements for their site.
• Support internal and external audits.
• Ensure effective internal controls for the assigned accounting areas.
• Maintain a good relationship with site leadership to ensure a healthy service level.
Flowserve is looking for a Staff level General Accountant for a start-up of a Shared Service Center for a $4.5Bn Global US based company. The center will ramp up to 400 people over a 3 year period and will be based in Debrecen, Hungary. This center will service the North American and EMEA region.
You would have the opportunity to travel abroad (Europe and United States), and work with the latest SAP/S4 HANA and other ERP systems.
Our offices are located in a state-of-the-art location in a professional Office Park in Debrecen, Hungary.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting required.
• 3+ years’ experience is required, (Shared Service Center experience is a plus).
• IFRS knowledge preferred and US-GAAP a plus.
• Strong general accounting knowledge and understanding of financial processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and another language a plus.
• Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Auto req ID: