Flowserve Corporation Data Privacy Advisor in Etten-Leur, Netherlands
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Help implement and ensure that Flowserve has in place a robust privacy and data protection governance framework, from a legal perspective, including appropriate: policies, procedures and guidance; data sharing protocols; data processor agreements; privacy information notices; training materials; and processes which govern the handling of subject access requests (and the exercising of other data subject rights).
Establish and work with a multidisciplinary team, including BI&C, CAS, HR, legal, business process owners and other internal stakeholders to ensure enterprisewide coverage of the privacy discipline.
· Work with supply chain, vendor management and the legal department to ensure that third-party suppliers' contracts and operating-level agreements meet international privacy requirements.
· Determine the enterprise's specific privacy-related requirements and potential vulnerabilities.
· Identify trends in privacy and regulatory requirements and compliance enforcement, and account for the necessary changes in the privacy management program, updating information only to the stakeholder audiences affected in their respective activities.
· Work with third-party stakeholders (including business partners, suppliers, service providers and IT product vendors) to ensure that they clearly understand and comply with Flowserve's privacy requirements.
· Assist in the development and expansion of Flowserve’s Data Protection Practitioner Network; commission internal training and awareness campaigns; and establish/maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
· Advanced degree and/or JD required; candidates currently in pursuit of a legal degree may also be considered.
· Working knowledge of the EU e-Privacy Directive and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
· Experience working in a large, diverse multinational organization – preferably with industrial experience
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in and adapt to fast paced, frequently changing environments (i.e., agility and flexibility) and effective in driving cross-functional projects and change management initiatives
· Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the company, particularly with strong written communication skills
· Advanced skills in collecting and analyzing complex data, analyzing and evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
· Strong analytical and problem resolution skills. Sound business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks.
· Basic IT knowledge and understanding in terms of data storage, retrieval and information security with the ability to audit data management systems.
· Willingness to be available for incident and emergency handling outside standard office hours, where necessary.
Flowserve is looking to fill the position of Data Protection Advisor. This position will provide global advisory support of the Data Privacy function. The role of the Data Protection Advisor is to support and manage Flowserve's privacy management program, to develop privacy policies for internal, and privacy statements for external use cases, and to describe privacy requirements for business partners and service providers. Knowing how to persuade and enable the business, while maintaining integrity, the Data Protection Advisor closely collaborates with business stakeholders to control risk from potential procedural or technology changes that affect privacy. In addition, the Data Protection Advisor represents Flowserve toward internal and external stakeholders (e.g., employees, customers and regulatory authorities), but will not be designated as the Data Privacy Officer.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Data Privacy Advisor
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: