Flowserve Corporation Senior Design Engineer in Etten-Leur, Netherlands
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Manages design projects involving complex designs, including oversight of resources and
· technical issues
· Demonstrates ability to handle multiple product lines
Develops engineering standards and work procedures
· Provide guidance to sales, tech services, service centers & customers and leads development of the work scope required in solving equipment problems through pump/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical/commercial proposals.
· Direct the technical modification of programs & methods of solving problems and modify existing product designs to meet customer needs & to improve product life.
· Cultivate and strengthen close working relationships with the Sales, Ops, OA and other functions to promote the company’s best interests.
· Monitor, advance and sustain performance against a set of approved centralized/regional KPIs; initiate & implement process improvements which continuously enhance performance & service to the customer.
· Support preparation and updating of customer presentations on ongoing projects.
· Conduct design analyses using calculations, FEA’s, & other design verification methods and professionally report the results.
· Provide guidance in support of service centers in the inspection & analysis of pump elements.
Lead cooperation with the Engineering Services Team, Product & Engineering Specialists, Product Management & corporate
· technology to provide “as needed” solutions to complicated pump problems.
· Work with other Design Engineers to direct the investigation and resolution of shop floor problems relating to design or quality issues; record & report findings, make corrections & develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions.
· Identify and implement new/improved design standard and procedural documents.
Responsible for identifying upgrades opportunities from repair inspection, when feasible
· Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 5+ years related experience
· Recognized as a qualified engineer by external certifying bodies, as indicated by Professional
· Engineering license, IMechE, or other Engineering accreditation
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· VaVe Process
· Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) certification, Green Belt minimum
· Strong proficiency in engineering & design software
· Solid understanding of pump applications and types; in depth knowledge of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
· Team-oriented; values communication and involvement of others
· Able to effectively self-manage; makes decisions around priorities
· Capable of working closely with internal and external customers (face to face or by telephone) and having good verbal and written communication skills
· High standard of written & spoken English; strong PC skills ; additional language skills desirable
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
Product Engineering involves the design and development of devices, assemblies, or systems to be produced through production manufacturing processes. While there are multiple business card titles, Product Engineering roles usually entail activities dealing with issues of production cost, feasibility, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability and customized user features. Addressing these product characteristics may include design, development and transitioning of the product to manufacturing.
Provides engineering and technical support to all Services and Solutions personnel, Sales and customers to develop the best possible solutions to aftermarket jobs. Conducts technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to the various people that they interact with.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior Design Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: