Flowserve Corporation Quality Assurance Engineer in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Interact with the functional areas including manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, production, and field service/repair to evaluate failure trends, product quality problems, and quality issues.
· Interact with customers and suppliers on quality issue and resolution of any problems within process and final product acceptance.
· Provide input, guidance and coaching to site leadership team to ensure continuous improvement.
· Provide quality support for in-process and final inspection to establish quality standards and customer requirements
· Recruit, retain, manage and develop subordinate associates to ensure a well-qualified and highly-motivated department.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of customers and internal departments
· Oversee final review of Quality Document packages prior to job shipment
· Manage CAR system for RCA, Approvals, CAR closure, and applicable audits.
· Maintain, Disposition, and Approve Non-conformance Reports
· Analyze NCR and CAR data for trends to feed CIP. Lead CIP Initiatives
· Interpret all quality requirements associated with customer technical specification.
· Be able to perform and coach others in data analysis and perform root cause analysis
· Show continual improvement of site metrics through the use of data
· Review site quality system on annual basis and revise system to improve performance.
· Perform quarterly reviews of audit findings, proposed root cause and insure corrective action is implemented and delivering expected results.
· Report site quality data, in compliance with division or corporate definitions, on a monthly basis.
· Develop Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions based on quality data.
· Manage implementation and compliance of Quality Management program, including recordkeeping and training of department-level Quality representatives.
· Provide monthly report to site and division leadership on deficiencies in processes and actions to correct.
· Manage the supplier improvement process as the site level and participate in divisional supply management
· Provide Warranty Support
· Staff, organize and develop the Quality Team to respond to product or process development needs.
· Act as a quality liaison with customers ensure quality support to all functional processes needed from the point of order through delivery, including order entry, design, product development, purchasing, manufacturing, test, and ship.
· Maintain position on site leadership team as management representative, or as defined in Site Quality Standard.
· Define quality systems, continuously refine and improve systems to achieve desired results.
· Monitor auditing function to assure compliance to systems and procedures.
· Monitor and report quality performance (internal, external, supplier) and help identify areas of needed Improvement.
· Provide development opportunities, guidance, training and assistance to quality assurance and quality control personnel.
· Monitor corrective actions and report deficiencies in responses and results.
· Oversee activities of staff to insure site and division level goals are achieved.
· Provide oversight and direction to Quality Department.
· Assure the quality assurance team operates in full compliance with all federal, state and local
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Five (5) years' experience in Quality and manufacturing
Organizational and planning skills
Knowledge of pump designs
Quality Management Systems and/or ISO 9001 Training or equivalent
Lead Auditor in Quality Systems Course or equivalent
Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt preferred
Oracle ERP system knowledge highly recommended
Quality Engineering certification
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Primary Posting Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 45169BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.