Flowserve Corporation Director, Attorney - Regulatory/Data Privacy Counsel in IRVING, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Based in Irving, Texas, this position reports to Senior Compliance Counsel for the Americas and supports Flowserve’s business in a wide variety of regulatory areas, including the ongoing development and management of Flowserve’s global regulatory compliance and data privacy programs and initiatives.
· Provide legal advice related to key compliance areas, including antitrust and unfair competition law, data privacy laws including the GDPR, anti-boycott laws, anti-bribery laws, economic sanctions and other regulatory matters.
· Evaluate and assess the Company’s existing policies, processes and capabilities related to regulatory compliance matters to identify gaps, develop and revise policies and procedures as necessary, and communicate policies and procedures globally to the Company.
· Develop programs and training materials, and conduct employee training on a variety of regulatory compliance issues including data privacy, antitrust and unfair competition laws, and anti-money laundering to minimize potential regulatory risks.
· Collaborate with Legal team members to develop and implement programs designed to prevent and/or detect violations of laws, regulations, corporate policies and procedures.
· Initial focus for this role (9-12 months) will be on improving the Company’s ongoing data privacy compliance program. The role will quickly transition to a broader regulatory compliance focus as the data privacy program improvements are completed. Responsibilities for the data privacy program include:
Advise Company on its obligations under applicable Privacy Laws including the GDPR and monitor and ensure compliance with such laws.
Develop, assess, and implement effective data privacy policies, procedures, training, communications, controls, and corrective action initiatives to ensure clear and consistent compliance.
Conduct potential privacy violation reviews, impact and gap analyses, and risk assessments to ensure privacy program effectiveness. Partner with Risk & Security team for security/cybersecurity investigations/remediation.
o Interface with government regulators, labor union and works council representatives, and employees to ensure alignment with Company’s data privacy practices.
· Actively manage outside consultants, lawyers, and other third-parties, including setting and managing budgets for engagements.
· Experience with broad range of regulatory laws including antitrust and unfair competition law, data privacy laws including the GDPR, anti-boycott laws, anti-bribery laws, economic sanctions and other regulatory matters.
· Knowledge of and experience dealing with:
o Best practices/industry standards related to data privacy law compliance programs, including the GDPR compliance;
o Information security and interplay between privacy and cybersecurity;
· Experience supporting multi-functional client teams, including commercial and business. development, product, technology, procurement, finance, and risk & security.
· Ability to handle high volume, fast-paced environment, prioritizing competing deadlines.
· Experience developing budgets and managing performance in compliance with budget.
· Exceptional traits for success, including: self-motivated, efficient, strong legal acumen, solutions-based business orientation, entrepreneurial spirit, thirst for constant learning and improvement, and being hands-on and detail oriented
· Clear understanding and adherence to ethical principles, Flowserve values, code of conduct and policies, integrity and honesty
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly to assist a non-legal audience in understanding complex legal and regulatory requirements
· Able to explain complex, challenging issues in a clear manner to all levels of the organization, including senior management
· Member in good standing with a U.S. State Bar Association
· Smart, fast thinker and strong leader.
· An individual of personal and business integrity who will be credible and trustworthy, both within the company as well as with external relations.
· A natural ability to relate with employees across all levels of the organization professionally and personally. Empathetic, engaged, and extroverted.
· Intuitive, strategic, and a conceptual global thinker with strong attention to detail.
· Can actively and diplomatically take an opposing view at all levels of the organization while providing constructive alternatives.
J.D. degree from an ABA accredited university, Bar licensure in one of the sanctioned U.S. Bar Associations, and minimum 3 to 5+ years of experience as an attorney focused on regulatory and data privacy matters in some combination of a top-tier law firm or significant corporate legal department.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Director, Attorney - Regulatory/Data Privacy Counsel
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
IRVING, Texas US
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.