Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support on all aspects of the Pac Seal Business including sales support, standardization, custom engineered products, operations, product development efforts, and quality.
• Provides technical support and recommendations for the selection, sizing, and application of Pac Seals.
• Supports operations, quality, and other customers as necessary to meet their objectives and to achieve on time delivery goals.
• Prepares technical reports of appropriate depth and detail to document product design development, seal failure analysis, and laboratory and field testing programs
• Participates in interdepartmental activities to ensure that concurrent engineering techniques and best practice processes are effectively implemented throughout the engineering group.
• Review of designs for manufacturability and design cost issues
• Manages test projects that include tester design, instrumentation recommendations, operation, and test report generation.
• Supports standardization and continuous improvement of product and process
• Provides technical guidance and support to other members of the technical staff and field personnel as required.
• Gives direction and support to designers and technicians who are assigned to support technology and product development efforts.
• Bachelors of Science preferably in Mechanical Engineering
• Basic knowledge of 3D modeling and FEA
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well in a team –oriented environment
• Demonstrates behavior that contributes to a team environment, decision making, problem solving, and continuous improvement
• Strong mechanical aptitude and technical writing skills
• Travel is typically less than 10%
• Rotating equipment experience, knowledge of mechanical seals, knowledge of pumps is highly desired
• Experience with report writing is preferred
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.