Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Our Detroit, Michigan area based On-Site Application Engineer sees it all—design, manufacture, installation and operation of our pumps and seals at our customers’ sites in the oil industry. In this challenging position the On-Site Application Engineer provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The On-Site AE is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions on-site at our customer facilitates and at our repair centers.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Communicate, implement, and administer the needs of customers to Flowserve. Be the customers’ primary source of information regarding design, application, installation, operation, and maintenance of our centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, and mechanical seals.
• Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve’s sales engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and manufacturing.
• Troubleshoot technical problems at our customer sites and in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center.
• Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, and engineering analyses.
• Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
• Help organize and ensure monthly “Bad Actor” meetings to maintain visibility on equipment performance.
• Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, organized files.
• Conduct technical training as needed for our customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or 5+ years of relevant mechanical experience is required.
• All levels of experience will be considered, including new grads and mid-career
• Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Computer literate and savvy
• Must be a well-organized self-starter who can accomplish goals and objectives in a timely manner and without close supervision
• Local travel using personal vehicle, valid drivers license is required
• Some physical activity required (e.g., light lifting, walking large customer sites, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities)
• Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps In-plant operations experience highly desired
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title: On-Site Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Other Posting Location: Detroit, Michigan US
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Remote Worker: Yes
Auto req ID: 47752BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.