Flowserve Corporation Senior Accountant in Kawasaki City, Japan
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
• Sales, AR, Intercompany transaction, Treasury, Fixed assets or Lease accounting (Depend on the candidate's skill)
• Oversee and coordinate day-to-day Sales and Costing matters.
• Day to day work with accounts receivable, Intercompany transaction and ensure a fluid bank & cash operation etc.
• Fixed assets booking and ensure the balance accuracy.
• Monthly and annual closing of books. Balance Sheet reconciliation.
• Provide accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting data for Japan that is in compliance with Japan GAAP, US GAAP and company policy.
• Provide financial planning & analysis and all necessary financial reports for all Flowserve Japan sites to GM as a financial guidance to the business operation
• Ensure full compliance with local laws relating to statutory audit, tax, GST/VAT, etc.
• Have a robust process of analyzing the financial results, identify and communicate deviations from plan.
• Make recommendations for potential solutions and improvements and support Finance Manager with timely and accurate financial data as and when required.
• Constantly evaluate risk areas and strengthen internal controls and where necessary develop additional processes to ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
• Partner effectively with the Finance Manager to drive results.
• Act as a sounding board and provide support on the financial decision and governance.
• Support Finance Manager for various project management (new IFRS accounting standards implementation or ad-hoc projects)
• This position originally assumed to be in Kashiwazaki (It is our preference). However, if there are any difficulties, he/her can be stationed at Kawasaki.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related fields
• More than 810 years of experience in accounting for a manufacturing environment
• Nissho Boki 2nd grade qualification
• Knowledge of ERP system is a must (Oracle or SAP is preferred)
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS will be an advantage
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Good communication, interpersonal and team player skills to maintain good relationship with key stakeholders and ensure the service level is consistent
• Support cross functional activities which requires finance knowledge
• Challenging spirits to new roles with logical thinking
• Good communication skills both English and Japanese (Fluency in English both oral and written)
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables are must), business systems, etc.
• Solid logical thinking and problem-solving skills with a comprehensive attitude of proactiveness, innovativeness and prudence
• High level of integrity and professionalism
• Very organized and structured. Service minded and proactive. Target oriented and focused. Embracing any changes
• Ensuring financial information are reported in compliance with both US and Japan reporting requirement
• Prior experience in Accounting / Audit firm is a plus
• promoting efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Control in the operations
• Project Management experience
• Working capital control
• Periodical cash flow forecasting
• Annual budgeting and regular forecasting
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior Accountant
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 15%
Primary Posting Location: Kawasaki City, Japan
Job Posting Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 49335BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.