Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer Manager in Port Arthur, Texas
To help solve the biggest flow-control challenges,
customers worldwide rely on the manufacturing, engineering, project management
and service expertise of Flowserve.
Our history began more than 200 years ago, and
today, Flowserve employs over 17,500 associates as diverse as our 300locations around the world. We offer more than 100 distinct pump models and a
wide range of valve and seal products, in addition to engineering services and
aftermarket support for almost any application our clients can imagine. Snow
machines for the Winter Olympics, flood control for the Netherlands, expanding
renewable-energy adoption with molten-salt applications in China – we’ve done it.
At Flowserve, our teams don’t just make and sell pumps,
valves and seals. Together, we create extraordinary flow-control solutions to
make the world better for everyone.
The Manager of Application Engineers leads and influences aregional team of Application Engineers (AEs) who provide technical andreliability engineering support to our strategic customers in the oil &gas, chemical industries. The Manager will also work closely with end-usersales teams to develop growth opportunities, and leverage all of Flowserve’sproducts and services, especially our world-class Life Cycle Advantage (LCA)programs.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Manage a group of Application Engineers who are located various customersites, and lead the team to high levels of employee engagement, technicalexcellence, and customer satisfaction.
· Work alongside the AEs on task: Assist the sales team and customers indecisions regarding repairs, upgrades, and new equipment for specificindustrial applications. Provide technical guidance aboutinstallation and operation of our products. Troubleshoot technicalproblems at our customers’ sites.
· Oversee the AEs’ projects which require both mathematical and hands-onapproaches resulting in independent evaluation, such as failure analysisreports, product performance reports, recommendations for upgrades, etc.
· Be the technical point-of-contact for key LCA accounts. Champion newLCA agreements by coordinating the transition from contract negotiation toexecution. Lead the AEs to ensure that Flowserve meets and exceeds LCAcommitments, demonstrating to customers the value of the LCA. Actively engagein corrective action where we are falling short.
· Evaluate and implement appropriate new processes and standard operatingprocedures within the organization to insure contract commitments, includingrevenue targets, operating, margins and strategic objectives are achieved.
· Facilitate problem-solving discussions effectively, with a collaborativeapproach and a mastery of problem-solving tools and methods.
· Ensure that the AEs maintain data in engineering systems, process engineeringchange notices, submit corrective action reports, and maintain current,accurate, and organized files.
· Manage the team effectively, ensuring that it has the right people andresources for success. Post jobs, conduct interviews, and hire directreports and student interns as necessary.
· Be a mentor for the career growth of the AEs, and place a high priority ondeveloping technical and business skills.
· Evaluate performance; reward successes, and take remedial actions as needed. Complete mid-year and annual performance reviews.
· Be a champion of best practices in engineering, client-relationships, andadministrative processes to differentiate Flowserve from our competitors.
· Convey a sense of contagious passion for the work and inspire commitment tothe vision and strategic direction of the organization.
· Have a Customer First attitude that permeates through the team and throughoutthe organization. Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve,acting as a liaison with sales engineers, customer service, and manufacturing.
BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technicaldegree required.
7+ years relevant experience required in the field ofpumps, mechanical seals, and rotating equipment, including previoussupervisory experience.
Must have extensive knowledge of the design, selection,materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment, mechanicalseals, and related equipment.
Operational experience in the refining or chemicalindustries is required.
Must have a successful track record of leading,managing and mentoring engineering teams.
A collaborative leadership style that removes obstaclesand promotes teamwork.
Good organizational skills, with the ability to calmlyprioritize competing priorities to meet specific high-visibility deadlinesand requirements.
Excellent oral and written communication skills,projecting a strong customer focus and a positive corporate image.
Positive attitude displayed in initiative, self-motivation, willingness to learn, assertiveness, and a good work ethic.
Computer savvy—able to learn proprietary systems, mustbe very competent in Microsoft Office programs.
Able to travel locally using personal vehicle, withsome overnight travel required.
Some physical activity required (e.g., walking largecustomer sites, and climbing ladders and staircases in multi-storyfacilities).
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer Manager
Primary Posting Location: Port Arthur, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 15%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 47663BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.