Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Port Arthur, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The associate is responsible for disassembly, clean-up, inspection, and re-assembly of new and repaired seals to include receiving in and properly tagging incoming repairs. The associate is also responsible for completing associated paper work and computer orders associated with each task.
The Precision Assembler duties include, but not limited to:
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all tear down, inspection, assembly and testing equipment functions and servicing. Able to perform preventive maintenance as assigned.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the process flow of parts and assemblies through the repair process.
• Capable of gaining access to drawings on Flowserve data systems.
Displays a thorough understanding of the QRC Scorecard. Ensures that individual performance supports the QRC’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cycle time, on time performance, direct labor hours, and overtime $/day.
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of repair tooling applications and servicing. Works closely with other Precision Assemblers to provide technical assistance to tooling related issues.
• Capable of performing to established standards with minimal training and supervision.
Has specific skills in the areas of graphite gaskets, solid PTFE gaskets, U-cups, spring energized tec-rings, electro-polished parts, heat shrink processes static air testing and hydro-testing.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of inspection equipment, their functions and uses in order to ensure that all parts and assemblies are within specifications on the prints. Capable of identifying and utilizing approved gauging methods to measure for fit and/or function for any parts with tolerances of .002 or less and utilizing proper measuring devices in order to determine free-length and load with immediate supervision.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of complex ergonomic issues in the workplace and able to perform detailed analysis to resolve them. Able to evaluate complex workplace injuries and provide resolution to them. Monitors reported injuries and recommends improvements to reduce injuries. Has thorough understanding of regulatory compliance in order to be aware of accident prevention. Actively participates and completes all company sponsored training venues as scheduled.
• Consistently demonstrates the basic ability to clean up after self. Picks up trash and debris and dispose of it properly, or places it where it will not pose a hazard to others.
Keeps work area clean throughout the day. Stacks materials and supplies orderly and secures them so they don't topple. Disposes of combustibles and flammables properly.
• Diploma or High School Equivalent.
• 1-2 years of mechanical assembly/repair experience.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must have basic mechanical aptitude.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Port Arthur, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: