Flowserve Corporation Engineering Manager in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Position is a key member of the Pozuelo Operations Leadership team, responsible for engineering leadership, talent development, and overseeing the activities of our engineering organization supporting Pozuelo.
The position will report directly to the Director, Engineering-IPD, with matrix reporting relationships to the, Pozuelo Plant Manager. Reporting to this role will be the Pozuelo site engineering staff, with an approximate total organization of 12 direct employees, including one remote employee in Newark.
The position will be located at the Pozuelo facility providing ready access to our engineering and manufacturing as well as our customers. Travel would be approximately 10% of time and include training, customer/sales interaction and select meetings associated with the leadership position.
Related to Engineering Leadership:
Actively functions as a key member of Pozuelo Leadership Team.
Aligns site engineering efforts to support the platform's Engineering strategy and organization's business requirements.
Sets site engineering priorities and supports product management across disciplines.
Establishes and reviews standards for engineering policies, procedures and processes to insure the highest quality engineering throughout the operation.
Identifies key engineering roles and competencies required for those roles. Actively recruits and develops talent for fill those role, both in area of responsibility and on a global basis. Designs engineering organization to meet the business and technology needs of the organization.
Supports engineering needs globally for the products for which Pozuelo is the LPO.
Related to the Pozuelo Facility:
Leads the engineering team in support of manufacturing and sales organizations to ensure the annual operating plan is achieved, including performance testing and customer service activities, providing technical leadership for the Pozuelo organization.
Develops engineering policies, standards and processes for the organization and partners with platform leadership to ensure implementation and compliance.
Builds a highly responsive and technically strong, engineering organization.
· Sets and achieves engineering goals in support of overall operational and departmental objectives, including on-time performance to customer request date, targeted reductions in order lead time, and engineering design and capability support to customer service order acquisition and sales.
· Drives the effective utilization of capacity planning and business forecasting tools to identify and address current and anticipated gaps in engineering capacity, and leverage engineering resources as appropriate to augment capacity.
· Engages GTEC resources as an integral part of the Pozuelo Engineering organization.
· Plans and implements standards for provisioning and maintenance of engineering design and analytical tools, engineering database control, and test equipment capacity
Defines, plans and implements product engineering strategies including cycle time reduction, cost reduction and standardization.
Drives the development of talent within the sites, including attracting, developing and retaining engineering talent at all experience and competency levels through performance management, succession planning, and employee learning and development.
· Supports the development of technical knowledge through training and implementation of a technical knowledge base structure.
· Leads the establishment, documentation, and tracking of training requirements by person and function in order to maintain compliance with ISO and related certification requirements.
· Bachelor of Science degree Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering required, Masters of Science degree is a plus
· Technical engineering experience and sound knowledge of state-of-the-art engineering practices
· 5 to 10 years of experience in engineering management in a manufacturing or manufacturing service environment, with a minimum of 3-5 years of current/recent experience in the pump or rotating equipment field.
· Proven success in developing and improving engineering discipline in the rotating equipment manufacturing industry
· Demonstrated capability to create and manage an engineering organization, which has been acknowledged for achieving high professional standards. In doing so, the incumbent should also have demonstrated their ability to put together and developed well-functioning international teams.
· Extensive experience in design engineering of centrifugal pumps and pump systems including engineering analysis and experimental techniques for root cause analysis (RCA) and design verification.
Fluency in English and Spanish is a must
Application of CIP techniques in driving process improvements through the operation and engineering organization
Exposure to working in an international, matrix structured organizations.
Experienced in introducing improvements to processes, operations and practices that improve engineering performance and accuracy
A broad and solid understanding of technologies, trends, tools, methods, processes, etc. in manufacturing, combined with a good commercial understanding ·Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Pozuelo de Alarcón, ES
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: