Flowserve Corporation Safety, Health & Environmental Affairs (SHEA) Representative in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Reporting to the SHEA Manager, this position is responsible for day-to-day compliance of the Flowserve safety program and related activities. This will entail ensuring compliance with all established SHEA programs and maintaining compliance with OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI and Flowserve standards.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Safety or in related field, preferably industrial
• Bachelor degree in Engineering/Environmental Science or related discipline, but may be substituted with additional years of safety experience in health and safety
• Master in PRL required (according to Spanish legislation)
• Spanish and English speaker
• Familiarity and experience with local regulations
• Knowledge of OSHA standards compliance, ISO14001, ISO45001 and OHSAS 18001 is desirable
• Proactive, organized, decisive person who is able to work autonomously and as a part of the team, with a high level of commitment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with personally sensitive information
• Ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports
• Strong attention to detail
• Skilled in communicating ideas and instructions clearly
• Must demonstrate strong organization skills
• Ability to manage time and prioritize projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of an organization
Ensure Job Safety and Environmental Analyses are being conducted as required and are being uploaded.
Monitor completion data to assure our work force is current with all required safety training for Flowserve.
Work with local safety councils to arrange training for employees.
Evaluate operational practices to determine methods to eliminate or control workplace hazards.
Prepare SHEA metrics for use at multiple levels of the organization.
Oversee day-to-day compliance with programs such as Short Service Employees, PPE, LOTO, and Industrial Hygiene.
Participate in site visits to observe and ensure compliance with all required safe work requirements at customer locations. Participate in job walk downs in advance of project kick off. Participate in pre-job briefs and kick off meetings to assure safety plan is implemented correctly.
Enhance safety and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Safety, Health & Environmental Affairs (SHEA) Representative
Primary Posting Location: Pozuelo de Alarcón, Spain
Job Posting Category: Legal/Environmental/Safety
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 46425BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.