Flowserve Corporation Welding Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Apply in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experiences in welding processes, welding technologies, and metallurgical issues relating to high-pressure valves for critical-service applications in global power, oil and gas, and chemical industries: · Be a daily welding engineering resource for code compliance, rework disposition, and process improvement for manufacturing operations to support production schedules, training/coaching, weld repairs, calibrations and welding qualifications.
· Prepare and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR).
· Oversee training and qualification of Welding and Welding Operators (WPQ and WOPQ) in accordance with ASME, RCCM, and other codes and standards.
· Advance technology and process improvement projects, plan/monitor/document code-compliant welds, take a leading role in continuously improving excellence in manual, semi-automatic and machine welding.
· Assist in the selection and maintenance of welding, nondestructive examination, heat treatment, and metallurgical examination and testing equipment needed to support production.
· Provide technical support for welding and nondestructive examination for equipment, and personnel qualification to assure compliance with customer order, code, and standard requirements.
· Strive to optimize weld quality and process controls to meet all NDE requirements with minimal rework and avoid additional manufacturing costs.
· Identify and address potential welding process issues early, for lowest change costs, during design, build, programming and launch.
· Create methods and mechanisms of continuous improvement in the specification, procurement, build, programming and installation of welding automation.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Minimum of 5 years of hands-on welding manufacturing experience including mechanized and automated welding applications.
· Minimum of 10 years of combined working experience in welding engineering, welding process qualification, welder training, heat treatment.
· Must have working experience in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, PAW in fabrication, repair and hard facing applications.
· Must have strong technical knowledge of welding, metallurgy, heat treating, and material specifications to support manufacturing operations.
· Must have working knowledge of codes including ASME Section I, II, III, V, and IX, ASTM and ANSI, ASNT.
· Be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Engineering, or similar Engineering disciplines.
Preferred Experience / Skills: · NDE experience
· Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
· Experience with nuclear and NQA-1 requirements.
· Experience with European welding code RCCM
· Previous experience as a Production Welder
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Welding Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 49822BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.