Flowserve Corporation Manager, Engineering in Santa Clara, Mexico
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Related to Engineering Leadership:
Actively functions as a key member of SCL Leadership Team.
Aligns site engineering efforts to support the platform's Engineering strategy and organization's business requirements.
Sets site engineering priorities and supports product management across disciplines.
Establishes and reviews standards for engineering policies, procedures and processes to insure the highest quality engineering throughout the operation.
Identifies key engineering roles and competencies required for those roles. Actively recruits and develops talent for fill those role, both in area of responsibility and on a global basis. Designs engineering organization to meet the business and technology needs of the organization.
Related to the SCL Facility:
Leads the engineering team in support of manufacturing and sales organizations to ensure the annual operating plan is achieved, including performance testing and customer service activities, providing technical leadership for the SCL organization.
Develops engineering policies, standards and processes for the organization and partners with CPO/NPO leaders and platform leadership to ensure implementation and compliance.
Bridges engineering activities and maintaining consistency between CPO and NPO.
Builds a highly responsive and technically strong, engineering organization.
· Sets and achieves engineering goals in support of overall operational and departmental objectives, including on-time performance to customer request date, targeted reductions in order lead time, and engineering design and capability support to customer service order acquisition and sales.
· Drives the effective utilization of capacity planning and business forecasting tools to identify and address current and anticipated gaps in engineering capacity, and leverage engineering resources as appropriate to augment capacity.
· Engages GTEC resources as an integral part of the SCL Engineering organization.
· Plans and implements standards for provisioning and maintenance of engineering design and analytical tools, engineering database control, and test equipment capacity
- Specific needs requiring immediate attention include:
· Understanding and addressing the engineering organization structure in CPO and NPO.
· Ensuring adherence to the conceptual, intermediate and critical design review policy.
Defines, plans and implements product engineering strategies in CPO & NPO.
Drives the development of talent within the sites, including attracting, developing and retaining engineering talent at all experience and competency levels through performance management, succession planning, and employee learning and development.
a. Supports the development of technical knowledge through training and implementation of a technical knowledge base structure.
b. Leads the establishment, documentation, and tracking of training requirements by person and function in order to maintain compliance with ISO and related certification requirements.
c. Leads design centers to ensure that next generation of hydraulic designers are prepared to lead hydraulic design activity for Vernon.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor of Science Degree Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering required, Masters of Science degree is a must.
· Technical engineering experience and sound knowledge of state-of-the-art engineering practices
· 5 to 10 years of experience in engineering management in a manufacturing or manufacturing service environment, with a minimum of 10 years of current/recent experience in the pump or rotating equipment field.
· Proven success in developing and improving engineering discipline in the rotating equipment manufacturing industry
· Demonstrated capability to create and manage an engineering organization, which has been acknowledged for achieving high professional standards. In doing so, the incumbent should also have demonstrated their ability to put together and developed well-functioning international teams.
· Exposure to working in an international, matrix structured organizations.
· Experienced in introducing improvements to processes, operations and practices that improve engineering performance and accuracy
· A broad and solid understanding of technologies, trends, tools, methods, processes, etc. in manufacturing, combined with a good commercial understanding
· Experience in low-to-medium volume production of engineered or highly engineered equipment with sales volume of at least $100M annually and a workforce >100 employees
· Extensive experience in design engineering of centrifugal pumps and pump systems including engineering analysis and experimental techniques for root cause analysis (RCA) and design verification.
· Application of CIP techniques in driving process improvements through the operation and engineering organization
Mechanical Engineering Degree
10 Years of accumulated experience as an Engineering Manager
Position is a key member of the SCL Operations Leadership team, responsible for engineering leadership, talent development, and overseeing the activities of our engineering organization supporting the SCL Operations
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Santa Clara, MX
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: