Flowserve Corporation Buyouts Commodity Manager - China Supply Chain in Shanghai, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Basic accountability is to provide resources to CSOA on all major bought out equipment.
· The position will assist in developing market strategy for all engineered products supplied on a project basis, with specific emphasis on increasing Operating Income.
· This position will be responsible for all issues related to the advanced and strategic procurement of major bought out equipment for engineered pump packages.
· The position requires a thorough understanding of all procurement disciplines, including negotiation, logistics, quality, assessment and supplier development. Also required is excellent organizational and communication skill in order to coordinate the requirements of manufacturing operations in various countries.
· Duties will include setting of strategy for target projects across all market segments, and alignment with suppliers on contractual commercial terms.
· Critical for this position will be the packaging of bought out equipment across several operations sites to secure best global costs allowing FSG to grow business.
· Travel is required to properly maintain supplier relationships, as well as relationships internally with Corporate and operation's Supply Chain Teams.
· Building of confidence and trust will be prerequisite for success in the role.
· The position requires a functional knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles essential in evaluating specification compliance.
· Management of sourcing, negotiation and commercial agreements for buy-out equipment.
· Complete monthly savings reports, identify and develop LCS sources in conjunction with SCM's, contribute objective supplier ratings for commodity management use.
· Maintain key interface with regional Advanced Procurement, Commodity Managers, Customer Service and Operation's Supply Chain on a regular basis.
· Understand and support negotiated Alliance Agreements.
· Engage in annual training to support technical understanding of buy-outs and Supply Chain programs.
· Function as Supply Chain lead to CSOA on major targeted projects for supplier selection, final pricing and all pre-award activities necessary to gain new orders.
· Assist Operations Supply Chain in the negotiation of back-charges resulting from Customer's claims.
· Bachelor degree with a major in engineering or equivalent work experience is required;
· Minimum 10 years experience in engineered products.
· Strong sourcing, procurement, and supplier quality experience in mechanical industries that have similar manufacturing technologies used in Seal industries.
· Knowledge of all Pumps major market, including Power, Oil & Gas, Water and GI/CPI.
· Experience and knowledge in electrical drive equipment.
· Self starter who can operate with minimal supervision
· Demonstrating a history of being a team player in a cross matrix organization
· Good command of reading and written English
· Demonstrated ability to work independently;
· Previous experience working with suppliers and in a matrix organization;
· High degree of desk-top computer proficiency and familiar office systems;
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Buyouts Commodity Manager - China Supply Chain
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.