Flowserve Corporation Additive Manufacturing Engineer - R&D in Singapore, Singapore
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
In this position, the Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineer will be responsible for developing metal additive manufacturing technology solutions in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for a variety of original equipment and aftermarket components for industrial fluid control products. The ideal candidate will be required to use their design skills to drive product development with the use of Additive Manufacturing technologies. You should possess solid experience in product design, industrial manufacturing techniques, 3D modelling, dimensioning and tolerancing, and current metal additive manufacturing technologies.
Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross-functionally with other areas of the organization, strong analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in and lead teams are the keys to this position. Strong organizational skills are required to be able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. The candidate must be able to work in a highly visible, dynamic and fast paced environment. They must also have a curiosity, desire, and enjoyment of developing new insights in AM technologies to drive the business forward to commercialize AM for Flowserve’s diverse product portfolio.
• Collaborate with global stakeholders to develop procedures for design for AM, process parameter optimization, and
material property optimization for a broad range of Flowserve products.
• Propose and execute R&D projects with the goal of commercializing Additive Manufactured parts for Flowserve.
• Collaborate with design engineers and provide information on additive manufacturing design techniques to break away from conventional manufacturing rules.
• Develop standards and procedures for utilizing various metal additive manufacturing technologies.
• Develop and optimize support structures and process parameters for metal additive manufactured parts.
• Present Additive Manufacturing technologies to internal and external stakeholders.
• Support global Flowserve R&D teams.
• BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science, Welding Engineering or other relevant degree in engineering field.
• 2-5 years of experience in Additive Manufacturing, Product Design, or Engineering related field.
• Subject Matter Expert on metal AM and ability to collaborate with key engineering stakeholders.
• Professional experience in mechanical design of industrial equipment.
• Proficiency in CAD and 3D Modeling (Solidworks, Inventor, Creo, etc.)
• Proficiency in Additive Manufacturing Software (Materialise Magics, Autodesk Netfabb, etc)
• Experience with DMLS and PBF metal 3d printing.
• Experience with welding technologies and associated design standards to develop DED and WAM processes.
• Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and associated software packages
• Experience with international design standards (e.g. API, ASTM, ISO)
• Understanding of Marine & Offshore and Oil & Gas applications and equipment.
• Capable of working closely with internal and external customers (face to face or by telephone) and having good verbal and written communication skills.
• High standard of written and spoken English;strong PC skills, additional language skills desirable
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Team-oriented; values communication and involvement of others
• Able to effectively self-manage and be a self-starter; makes decisions around priorities
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Additive Manufacturing Engineer - R&D
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 15%
Primary Posting Location: Singapore, Singapore
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 48249BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.