Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Tampa, Florida
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is currently seeking a Mechanical Field Service Technician for the Tampa, FL Quick Response Center (QRC). This role will enable Flowserve to strengthen its service and repair capabilities to our regional customers by performing Field and Service Center repairs on a variety of pump types and models to OEM standards. The individual in this role will be responsible for analyzing and directing the correction of Field Service complaints on various pump products; installing various pump lines and other mechanical equipment, including vendor equipment; oversee start-up and maintenance of customer equipment; visit installations of the Flowserve pump products and check on their operation; and, train customer personnel in the proper procedure for operating and maintaining all Flowserve products. This position impacts very heavily on future sales for Flowserve since prompt, efficient service is one of the most effective sales tools.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Check all equipment after installation and prior to start-up of pumps and associated equipment within the allotted time and in a professional manner, assuring that all customers’ problems are handled with a minimum delay.
• Perform job walks with a sales representative.
• Write clear, concise daily reports to keep management apprised of job progress.
• Maintain accurate records of jobs quoted and performed.
• Monitor time and material charged to each job.
• Conduct daily on-site safety meeting and maintain a safe work site.
• Be able to assist in field repairs and perform basic mechanic duties.
• Work directly with local QRC manager or contractors to staff jobs.
• Report to QRC manager and assist in repair shop when no field service work is available.
• Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in mechanical field service specifically pumps.
• Proficient in the repair of large, high-end, single stage and multi-stage pumps; laser alignment, rigging and pump seals.
• Experience in removal and installation of pump bases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer experience with MS Word and Excel.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of working without much supervision.
• Must be able to do 90% traveling.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Field Service Technician
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Tampa, Florida US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: