Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler - 2nd Shift in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil&gas, water resources, general industry, and chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate revenue growth and product line developments. The staff of approximately 230 are provided a unique environment, where the entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
· Perform precision pump assembly and disassembly per bill of materials, cross Sectional Drawings and operation method sheets.
· Utilize all types of precision measuring equipment and read and interpret blueprints while working in both the English and Metric systems
· Fits parts such as casings, casing covers, impellers, seals and Installs piping plans to match drawings.
· Will use hand tools, air tools, sandblaster, parts washer, die grinders and hand drills.
· Follow all work instructions as trained; including but not limited to Assembly procedures, Routers, Supplemental Quality Inspections, General Workmanship Standards, etc.
· Move materials and parts to and from work areas via power lift trucks and fork trucks.
· Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
· Possess the desire to learn additional job functions within the facility (e.g. Test, Pre-Engineered Assembly, Painting, Hydro, and Other miscellaneous duties as needed).
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to work in a team oriented and CIP environment
· Ability to read and interpret instructions and drawings
· Ability to read and comprehend precision measuring equipment
· Ability to use a wide variety of hand, power and air tools
· Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity is essential (able to stand for long periods of time)
· Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines
· Ability to work 2 nd shift evening hours – Monday thru Thursday 3:30pm-2am
· 2+ years’ experience in general mechanics or specialized training preferred
· Computer skills preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Precision Assembler - 2nd Shift
Primary Posting Location: Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 44275BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.