Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist Second Shift in Temecula, California
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is seeking a responsible, skilled CNC machinist work in the manufacture of close-tolerance mechanical seals. Our highly engaged, collaborative team is focused on customer requirements, high quality products, and safety. The site is clean and temperature-controlled, and the position offers a great benefits package. The shift is 4x10, Monday through Thursday; 3:00pm to 1:30am.
Responsibilities & Requirements: • Set up jobs and operate a Mazak 5-axis, multi-tasking, turning center, working with 300-series stainless steel, Hastalloy C276, Inconel 718, Monel 400, iron nickel, and high chrome alloys.
• Prepare materials by sawing material to specified lengths and drilling holes using a Warner Swassey 2AC.
• Deburr, clean, and permanently identify parts.
• Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap and rework
• Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship
• Identify tooling and fixture requirements in advance of job set up
• Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of CNC equipment.
• Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment
• Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
• Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, problem solving, and use of CIP tools.
Preferred Experience / Skills: • Minimum 4 years of experience operating 5 axis multi-tasking turning center, more experience highly valued
• Minimum 2 years of experience operating Manual mill and lathe
• Mazak control language experience is preferred but candidates who offer Okuma or Fanuc will be considered based on their experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Must demonstrate excellent math skills.
• Basic understanding of AutoCAD or similar CAD software preferred
• Familiarity with G & M codes; Working knowledge of machine tooling & processing
• Strong Blueprint reading skills & understanding of GD&T dimensioning
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Lifting or pushing of large, heavy objects (50+ lbs) will be required.
• Ability to pass standard near vision eye exam and work with corrective lenses if necessary.
• Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as the following: micrometers, dial indicators, depth gauges, CMM, Optical Comparator, Muehler and Bar Gauges.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: CNC Machinist Second Shift
Primary Posting Location: Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 49997BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.