Flowserve Corporation Design Drafter in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve in Temecula CA is seeking a AutoCAD Design Drafter to join our team that manufactures mechanical seals and welded metal bellows used in industrial settings. The Design Drafter accurately prepares assembly, detail part, and drawings to support customer proposals, current jobs, and repairs. We have a team of ten drafters in Temecula, so there is a a sense of camaraderie, along with complex work and consistent job flow. Duties include:
· Create, update, and maintain drawings in AutoCAD Mechanical, adhering to Flowserve Engineering Standards and common design best practices.
· Apply knowledge of our products, drawing tools, and drawing systems so as to contribute fully to daily operations and the resolution of technical issues.
· Support Customer Service, Purchasing, and Manufacturing as required, and on tooling issues and the non-conformance process.
· Support Sales by supplying drawings to customers and to Manufacturing. This includes quick response competitor change-out orders.
· Support Applied Technical Solutions group on trouble jobs and warranty support.
· Support Product Development engineers on testing, special design development support, and projects.
· Maintain safety awareness. Apply and promote safety into the design of products.
· Remain productive through design work on the computer day after day (desk work on production environment).
· A.S. in Industrial Design or Engineering Graphics; or a minimum of 3 years relevant drafting experience.
· Skilled in AutoCAD on a Mechanical background
· Familiarity in Autodesk Inventor (preferred) or other 3D solid modeling software.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required. (Familiarity with Flowserve Imager, EIS, PRMS is a plus).
· Detail oriented with a focus on first-time quality, able to check drawings
· Able to collaborate and problem-solve with others in a team setting
· Able to meet metrics for productivity and meet deadlines on a high volume of tasks
· Able to work overtime on short notice to support urgent jobs
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Engineering Graphic/Technology Degree highly desirable.
· Background in rotating equipment, mechanical seals, API Piping Plans highly desirable.
Primary Posting Location:
Temecula, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.