Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer Pumps Aftermarket in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are seeking a motivated engineer to support our aftermarket business. The Aftermarket Application Engineer supports our end-user sales team with technical and commercial proposals for pumps, mechanical seals, and other products. Our customers include power generation, oil & gas, chemical processing, and water resources companies—both private and government owned.
This role involves all customer-facing activities related to the order process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Our team is dedicated to improving the organization’s capabilities.
Application Engineers are in a unique position to achieve this by championing improvement initiatives, conducting training, and developing new approaches to secure business. Some overnight travel may be required.
This position reports to the Commercial Operations Manager based in Los Angeles, CA.
Duties may include:
· Lead development of our aftermarket quotes by coordinating with engineering, sales, procurement, operations, and vendors.
· Prepare proposals in a fast-paced environment, owning pricing components and technical review.
· Manage multiple concurrent proposals throughout the entire bid cycle, from opportunity inception through fulfillment kickoff.
· Support off-site customer project presentations and kickoff meetings.
· Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process and provide feedback on the process.
· Perform technical reviews of all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant commercial constraints for the project.
· Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components, and quotations as related to pump repair requests, including effectively negotiating terms and pricing.
· Develop in-depth industry and market specific knowledge through internal and external training.
· Engineering degree (BSME/CE/IE preferred) or equivalent.
· Experience working in a Sales or similar customer-facing role valued, demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
· Problem solving mindset with mechanical aptitude.
· Knowledge of rotating equipment is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Ability to handle multiple orders and customers, while meeting schedules and maintaining a high level of thoroughness and accuracy.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated success working in a team that relied on communication, participation, and the inclusion of others.
· Strong PC and Microsoft Office tools skills.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer Pumps Aftermarket
Primary Posting Location: Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 46112BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.