Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Responsible for reading, interpreting, and commenting on all customer specifications, driving best cost initiatives and ensure clean orders are entered on the factory. Primary responsibility will be to support sales efforts to increase market share in the pipeline business in North America. This will entail developing a comprehensive understanding of the pipeline business and using engineering background to assure all customer technical needs are met while providing the best possible price.
Main responsibilities include:
• Provide competitive and accurate cost estimates that meet the customer needs in a timely fashion.
• Provide technical and application assistance for Sales and Commercial Operations personnel.
• Be accountable and assure project cost includes all commercial and technical requirements detailed in the scope of supply requested by the customer.
• Drive best cost initiatives and ensure clean orders are entered on the factory.
• BS Mechanical Engineering or Technical degree is required.
• 3+ years related Customer Service or Engineering experience within an industrial or manufacturing environment is required; 5+ years is strongly preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational and team work skills.
• Conscientious worker with the ability to complete tasks on or before commitment date.
• Strong computer skills, especially Excel and Word.
• Ability to learn quickly from various inputs.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Preferences to be determined
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: