Flowserve Corporation Design Engineer Rotating Pumps in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking a technically-solid, resourceful Design Engineer that crafts the technical drawings and bills of materials that are paramount for upgrades to Flowserve’s centrifugal pumps used in the oil, gas, chemical, and general industries. The Engineer will complete projects from start-to-finish to meet customer deadlines, interpret requirements, specifications, and existing equipment to deploy the best possible outcomes to aftermarket jobs. We are looking for a Design Engineer who will step out to the Shop Floor to inspect pumps and components, and who will not hesitate to collaborate with Application Engineers to validate the customer’s requirements and recommend designs. Job duties include:
· Develop detailed production drawings, bills of materials, and manufacturing instructions for custom components and “engineered-to-order” products given prescribed performance requirements.
· Support production by providing tactical advice and guidance on specification deviations and waivers, and participate in Material Review Boards as required.
· Apply technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge to conduct design analyses and FEAs, tackle problems, and define key issues.
· Update and maintain accurate, organized engineering drawing files adhering to Flowserve Engineering Standards and common design best practices.
· Collaborate and cultivate close working relationships with the Sales Engineers, Applications Engineers, and Operations to develop the best possible solutions to complicated pump problems.
· Provide guidance as requested to Flowserve service centers regarding inspection and analyses of pump elements.
· Work with other Design Engineers to investigate production problems relating to design or quality. Report findings and implement permanent, improvements and solutions that are cost effective and enhance performance and service to our customers.
· Provide technical expertise and support for new business proposals and for routine customer presentations.
· Assist Sales Engineers as needed to identify upgrade opportunities from repair inspection.
· Maintain engineering knowledge of the current trends, standard methodologies, and process tools needed to maintain high performance and continuously improve processes and outcomes.
· BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree required
· Entry level with relevant experience. You will need some understanding of centrifugal pumps, pump applications, pump systems and hydraulics. Experience in the chemical, power and refinery industries is a plus.
· Excellent computer skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
· Skilled and knowledgeable regarding engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
· Knowledge of conventional manufacturing machining operations is desired.
· Clear, confident, and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email.
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
· A proven track record of resourcefulness in completing projects requiring additional information and collaboration with others.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Design Engineer Rotating Pumps
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.