Flowserve Corporation Inventory Control Clerk in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Performance Standards (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
· Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Performs minor maintenance of tools, and makes minor adjustments to equipment operated.
· Participates and complies with all safety standards and training.
· Operates forklift, crane or other rigging equipment, and hand and/or powered material handling equipment.
2. Box Making and Crate Making
· Lays out/fabricates/assembles all varieties of shipping crates and boxes for shipments.
· Builds special skids for shipping large items
· Packs items for shipment, checking against packing list for completeness. Weighs and stencils crates and boxes. Loads shipments on carriers.
· Operates woodworking machine tools. Uses carpenter's hand tools and measuring instruments. Works from blueprints and shop mathematics to establish dimensions and material callouts.
· Operates power equipment and tools.
3. Material Moving
· Plans method of loading/unloading, lifting, positioning, securing and moving items to assure safe transportation and conformance to delivery instructions.
· Loads/unloads load using appropriate material handling equipment.
· Completes paperwork to reconcile contents of loads with delivery instructions. Reports to concerned persons any discrepancies.
· Assists in maintenance, servicing and safekeeping of handling equipment.
· May provide assistance to other material movers as needed.
4. Parts Cleaning
· Cleans all varieties of metal parts to remove grease, dirt and other foreign materials.
· Checks parts for cleanliness and after processing to determine if surface treatments meet with processing specifications.
5. Saw Operating
· Sets up power saws to perform required cutting, selecting and mounting blade or wheel and adjusting feeds, stops and guides. Installs holding blocks or clamps for holding fixtures as required.
· Operates power-cutting saws to perform on ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
· Stamps, stencils or otherwise identifies parts or materials.
· Operates power saw equipment to cut raw materials.
6. Tool Crib
· Assist in receiving for safekeeping a variety of new or returned tools, jigs, fixtures, protective equipment, supplies and related accessories used in manufacturing operations and maintenance activities.
· Checks condition of items to assure they are in good working order and meet specifications. Requests needed replacement, repair, reconditioning or overhauling of defective tooling and related accessories.
· Stores items in appropriate bins or cribs.
· Issues items upon receipt of appropriate authorizations, locating and assembling stock for specified jobs.
· Sets up and maintains inventory record of items in stock. Recommends increase or decrease in inventory levels. Requisitions needed items to maintain inventory.
· Lays out storage areas to accommodate and identify stock.
· Provides assistance and coordination to work of assistants, assuring proper reconciliation of paperwork covering receipt and issuance of stock.
· Performs primary inspection of returned items, segregating and sorting broken, worn and used for reclamation, salvage or scrapping.
· Maintains current record of receipt and issuance of tool crib items, reconciling paperwork related thereto.
· Assists in taking inventory of stock, as directed. Traces lost tooling.
· Physical receipt of goods.
· Apply specific bar codes to specific products.
· Physical put-away of goods.
· Physical labeling of bins and locations.
· Cycle counting; physical count of goods.
· Packs, seals, address and weigh products or items for shipment. Builds standard type shipping crates and boxes to accommodate shipment. Loads shipments on carriers.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge and Skills and Experience
1yr experience building boxes and/or crates for shipping, including operation of woodworking machine tools and use of carpenter's hand tools and measuring devices.
1 yr. previous experience and/or on-the-job training in operating hand and powered material handling equipment.
1 yr experience or on-the-job training operating power driven saws to cut materials to fractional dimensions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To build all varieties of non-standard and special type shipping crates and boxes to accommodate products for domestic and international shipments. Transport items to designated areas. Moving requirements include transporting items to designated areas and loading / unloading of trucks.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Inventory Control Clerk
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: