Flowserve Corporation Northeast US Sales Engineer in Woodridge, Illinois
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Sales Engineer will sell Flowserve mechanical seals and seal support systems to existing and new OEM customers in the Northeast US region. The Sales Engineer will promote Flowserve’s products and demonstrate a value proposition to our customers by establishing long-term business relationships focusing on an assigned territory for Industrial OEM accounts in the Northeast. The Sales Engineer will create a lasting competitive advantage for Flowserve by understanding our products and their applications in our customers’ business plans and operations. The Sales Engineer will look to the future by identifying opportunities, developing marketing plans, and achieving increased sales over time.
Up to 50% travel is required as the territory, at present, is comprised primarily within the West New York Sate, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The Sales Engineer can be home-based within the sales territory. The position includes a robust benefits package, including a company car, and a base salary with a sales incentive program.
Key Result Areas:
· Maintain regular, planned communication with key customers in the territory. Make direct, in-person sales calls.
Respond quickly and thoroughly to customers’ inquiries.
· Stay engaged and informed about customers’ key capital projects. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and
wants of the customer and Flowserve so as to establish win-win relationships that support negotiations.
· Provide additional value to customers through up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge and expertise of
mechanical seals and systems
· Inform customers in the quality and features of our products through the full use of the company’s marketing materials.
Train customers in the features and uses of our products.
· Utilize and maintain the FlowForce Customer Resource Management system (CRM) for customers, opportunities,
projects and quotes.
· Develop and implement marketing plans aligned with regional sales objectives that support larger organizational goals. Prepare quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
· Provide weekly and monthly territory forecasts utilizing the CRM system.
· Collaborate effectively with the supporting organizations of Flowserve, including the customer service, engineering,
and operations departments to insure quality, on-time delivery to our customers. This position will be responsible to provide effective Sales representation of Flowserve to assure attainment of Sales Objectives. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
· Meet and/or exceed the sales level for the assigned territory and business
· Meet and/or exceed bookings objectives for the territory.
· Meet customer needs by being a responsive liaison between the Company and customers on matters.
· Manage the proposal process and develop strategies to ensure we make the most competitive technical
and commercial offerings.
· 4 year degree preferably in engineering or related technical experience
· 3 years experience rotating equipment
· Must project a strong customer focus and professional presentation
· Demonstrated successful track record of self-initiated, sustained sales skills
· Flexible, multi-tasker with good follow-through and the ability to troubleshoot and meet urgent deadlines
· Must communicate with positive impact. Skilled at group presentations. Effective writing skills with the ability to troubleshoot
· Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of mechanical seals/systems, and also rotating equipment, including pumps and mixers.
· Experienced solving problems in a group setting, able to lead a root cause failure analysis and communicate the results
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, lifting at least 50 lbs., and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Act as a single point contact for assigned customers, coordinate FLS (Flowserve) support on initiatives, conduct jobs within guidelines established for pricing, contract review, order processing, while taking reasonable initiatives to institute OTP (On time Performance) to customer request date.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Sales experience a preference
Mixer Seal experience
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Northeast US Sales Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Woodridge, Illinois US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 50%
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Remote Worker: Yes
Auto req ID: 46115BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.